Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sustaining the Built Environment..


The professional mandate of Facilities Management is based on continuous challenges and deliverables. This was rationally developed from M&O activities, and will inevitably evolve into the Town Management, which interprets the urban concepts of Mega-Habitats. FM is not only the art of sustaining our costly built environment; but also as combined with Property Mgmt draw the other sides of Urbanism. While Property Management is one of the oldest trades in our urban history; FM is relatively a young-growing Knowledge Framework; serving not more than 10% of the urban world..!! Therefore, as how it is linked with non-rural-habitat; Urban Facilities evolves as a new definition associating both urbanism and FM. This is how the threshold for the futuristic Town Management evolves as well..

On addressing the Middle East Summit on FM in Dubai-2006; I was really amazed by the impressions received from the audience. I discovered how the gap is great between Clients and Service Providers. Both parties are apart, despite the rationales behind Quality, KPIs and Audits. Therefore, my focus develops on bringing the Stakeholders closer, restructuring FM as a critical catalyst for wellbeing, and empowering the epistemic foundations of the industry. Notably, great efforts had been emerged to fill the gap with brilliant ideas; yet my long term career as a Client Representative would inevitably add value and lots of sense..

On the practical grounds, I had developed my own versions of Life-Cycle, BRE, CSR and ERP to adequately correspond with the service optimization and standards of FM industry. My affiliations to main FM regulatory and professional institutes had enabled me to develop my own personal and professional skills for leadership, management and motivations. Mastering project management had also enabled me to create my approaches for planning, controlling and administration of the service. These skills had collectively enabled mentoring, coaching, training the staff on optimum approaches and performance.

My Property & FM contributions are holistic, strategic and corporate rather than tactical. My competences in Initiation, Governance and Operations are great assets to turn business perspectives into workable realities. I do provide the bridge between Client and Service team; as well as merging the Wish-lists with taste of constructability. This had elevated from the thresholds of space-units, to buildings in TECOM; to community theme in DIFC, and town management in Medini-Malaysia. My simple code says: If FM Initiation went wrong, all parties would suffer, lose, and be crippled..!

The readiness to unconditionally serve; is driven by my passion to learn and share the knowledge. Crossing borders to the others is never new or complex to manage, while my interest to add value wherever assigned is much greater than any personal gains. Age facts are practical support for leadership and mentoring, turning on the roles of incubation, support and confidence…

No comments:

Post a Comment